Thursday, May 31, 2012

Getting Creative with B.E. Designs

This is a Ruth Griffith design for Millefiori:  "Butterflies In My Heart". It's available for you to stitch - should be on my website - but you can email me for more information if you'd like a copy.

Instructions for stitching all of the flowers with our EdMar rayon floss are included, but I thought it would be fun to march to my own drummer, and I'm stitching the design with "sparklies" ... Candlelight metallic fibers, a similar fiber but a bit lighter called "Madeira Glamour" and some beads. Of course.
I'll keep snapping pictures and hope to send you a photo of the finished embroidery before too long.

Ruth has several designs available. Most recently, I posted photos of her "Mini-Roses" design. These designs are just a joy to stitch.

By the way, you might want to visit the BDEIG website and the Seminar 2012 page to see a photo of "Tea Rose", another of Ruth's designs that is being taught by Ruby Scruggs.  Here's a photo:
 If you didn't have a chance to sign up for the class but would like to stitch the "Tea Rose", just let me know -- via email would be easiest.
Rosalie


No comments:

Post a Comment